Innovation ecosystem in Slovakia
KInIT is part of the International Visegrad Fund project Network4Growth. This project focuses on the advancement of innovative ideas in Central and Eastern Europe. A series of online events highlights scientific excellence, best practices and success stories of local innovation ecosystems of all 6 countries involved.
After having explored Poland and Georgia, we deep dived into Slovakia’s up-and-coming innovation ecosystem. The monthly Visegrad Fund webinar took place on Tuesday 8 March and offered answers to the following:
- What are the strengths of the Slovak research & innovation ecosystem?
- What are the main innovation challenges in Slovakia?
- What are the key topics and actions that could strengthen the innovation environment in Slovakia?
- How does research contribute to increasing the innovation power of Slovakia?
- How does the Slovakian innovation ecosystem accelerate startup growth?
Four inspiring innovation experts presented their views and discussed current situation in Slovakia:
- Daniel Straka, Executive Director of the Slovak Organization for Research and Development Activities (SOVVA)
- Peter Kolesár, Partner at CIVITTA Slovakia
- Ján Košturiak, President at INOVATO
- Miriama Hučková, Executive Director at Kosice IT Valley
The presentation was followed by a panel discussion with focus on the importance of collaboration between academia and business for a sustainable development of regions.
The speakers we joined by:
- Michal Kardoš, Executive Director at Slovak Alliance for Innovation Economy
- Emil Fitoš, President of IT Association of Slovakia (ITAS)
- Mária Bieliková, Director General of Kempelen Institute of Intelligent Technologies
A detailed report about the event, including the presentations, is available here. You can watch the full recording here or a short summary of the presentations here.
The next Visegrad Fund webinar will be focused on the Technology transfer and innovations in Hungary. The necessary information about the event will be available here.