Oct 6. 2023
Senior Research Engineer for AI-based Software Projects
We seek reinforcements for creation of AI-based tools and data collection infrastructures. Our work is embedded in multiple ongoing prestigious international grant research projects (vera.ai, VIGILANT, CEDMO, DisAI) and some projects that are about to start (AI-CODE, ExU). All these projects solve various aspects of online disinformation and aim to deliver a variety of AI tools to serve various professionals (fact-checkers, journalists, police authorities, strategic communicators, …) in disinformation tackling.
Research and application of AI requires a lot of software engineering work. Thus we seek a new Senior to reinforce our research engineering team in tasks such as social media content acquisition, annotation application development, AI service (API) setup, and maintenance or development of decision support and visualization tools. Our past outcomes include tools and services such as: semantic fact-check finder, check-worthiness detector, machine generated text detector, a serious game for collecting adversarial examples and more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Software development and maintenance within scientific research projects, ranging from fundamental research (experimental software) to applied research (early product prototyping)
- Development of data scraping and processing infrastructures to support research projects
- Embedding ML models (especially language models) into software tool prototypes.
- Collaboration with researchers, participation in European and international grant research projects
- Leading junior research engineers, junior researchers and interns
- Opportunity to work on data analysis and machine learning tasks
- Opportunity to work on scientific projects and publishing
Employee perks and benefits
KInIT combines the excellent competencies of academic researchers and educators with innovative companies, their needs and experience. By involving the private sector, we seek to create a healthy research ecosystem that is connected to existing universities, the Slovak Academy of Sciences and above all to the international community. In Slovakia, KInIT is a one of a kind scientific institute with top notch Slovak AI scientists and AI enthusiasts on board.
Let’s build tools to tackle disinformation!
Lead and Researcher, Hiring manager
Personality and profile requirements
- 5+ years of experience in software development (out of which at least 1 year of machine learning engineering or MLOps)
- Python programming
- Web development experience
- Skills that are nice to have:
- Frontend design and programming
- Machine learning research and data science
- Software integration, DevOps
- Software project management
We are open to discuss junior position engagement in case your experience doesn’t match our requirements.
Our technology stack
2500€ gross (the final offer depends on the seniority of the candidate and previous experience)
Information about selection process
Should you be interested in applying for our job opening, please send us your CV. We will contact you with information about the selection process.