Chief Operations Officer (COO)
What is KInIT?
KInIT is the first independent institute of its kind in Slovakia.
We combine the excellent competencies of academic researchers and educators with innovative companies, their needs and experience.
By involving the private sector, we seek to create a healthy research ecosystem that is connected to existing universities, the Slovak Academy of Sciences and above all to the international community.
Are you the one?
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operations Officer (COO) to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Set financial strategy, create and maintain budget and cash flow planning
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Project management, Marketing, Sales/Partnership, Finance, Legal, IT etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures and seeking strategic partnerships
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer, Chief Finance Officer or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as Finance, Project management, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Selection process description
The selection process will be running in line with our values – transparency and openness. It will be a discussion within the expert community about the set up of the institution and reaching it´s mission and vision.
The selection process is planned to be finalized by February 28th 2023.
4000€ gross – the final offer will depend on the seniority and previous experience of the final candidate